AquaCalc DataLink 4 BETA version
Would you like to help us test a pre-release “BETA” version of DataLink 4? This version will have the latest features, but has not been fully tested.
What is BETA software?
Before we release software for everyone to use, we first test the software in-house here at JBS. This is called “Alpha” testing. We then ask customers to test the software to find problems that we
didn't find. This is called “Beta” testing. Finally, we release the software to the public. This is called a “Full Release”, as is available here on the DataLink Install page.
If you would like to help us test the next release of DataLink you can install it from our website. DataLink needs several components provided by Microsoft. If you do not already have these components, the setup
program will download and install them automatically. This method uses Microsoft’s Click-Once deployment technology and allows automatic updates from our website.
January 2018 Note:
Thank you BETA Testers! We are currently “all caught up”. There is no BETA DataLink software, version 4.2.x is in Full Release. Your software
should be updated to the Full Release version.
When asked if you want to Run or Save the “setup.exe” file, select Run (or save the file and then run it).
The following prerequisites are required:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 (x86 and x64)
- Windows Installer 4.5
- Microsoft® System CLR Types for SQL Server® 2012 (x86)
- Microsoft Report Viewer 2012 Runtime
Note that the help files in the beta version may not be complete.
Beta Tester Responsibility
A beta tester's responsibilities include communicating with JBS whenever you have a question about how the AquaCalc works or if something isn't working like you expect it to. This helps us improve the user
experience. Don't be shy, tell us what’s wrong and tell us what you want.
AquaCalc LLC / JBS Instruments
Click for Full DataLink BETA version Release Notes
DataLink BETA CD Setup files
Optionally you can install AquaCalc DataLink BETA using the CD installation files.
We recommend that DataLink be installed directly from our website by using the link above. You will need to manually install some of the prerequisites listed above. If you would like to install a traditional
“CD” type installation:
- Download the AquaCalc DataLink BETA CD Setup compressed zip file from the AquaCalc website.
- Unzip the file by right clicking the file and selecting “Extract All ...” from the menu that pops up.
- Install the Microsoft® System CLR Types for SQL Server® 2012 (x86) perquisite by double-clicking the “SQLSysClrTypes.msi” file in the extraction folder above, and following
- Install the Microsoft Report Viewer 2012 Runtime by double-clicking the “ReportViewer.msi” file in the extraction folder above, and following the directions.
- Run the Setup.exe file in the folder that you extracted to. This will install AquaCalc DataLink onto the computer.